Directory Details

All in One Map :: Details
Saturday, 24 October 2020 03:36

A lonely poplar is a natural monument of regional significance. The monument is a lone poplar tree planted by a Buddhist monk named Bagdohna Hurlin Purdash Lam in 1846. At the moment, the height of the poplar is about 20 meters, the diameter is about 1.44 meters
The tree is listed in the national register of old-growth trees of Russia under number 390. Natural monument is located in the untouched region of Kalmykia on the southern slope of the Khamur ridge, 5 km from the village of Khar-Buluk in the South of Yergeney.

Saturday, 24 October 2020 03:28

Mekletinsky lake is a salty pink lake located in the Chernozemelsky district of the Republic of Kalmykia.

Saturday, 24 October 2020 03:26

Singing dunes is a part of the Kalmykia desert that is included in the program of the Adyk — Bumba country tour. In dry weather, the Sands produce a sound similar to the melody of an organ. 

Saturday, 24 October 2020 03:23

The Seven days pagoda is one of the most colorful structures on the territory of the Kalmyk city – Elista.
The structure is a beautiful 15-meter object installed on a small platform, which is reached by the spreading steps. Small pools are attached to the pagoda on all sides.
The dome of the building consists of 7 unique tiers, each of which is dedicated to a specific day of the week. Such a structure allows us to talk about the cyclical life of each person, which ends with a kind of elevation to the sky, which is symbolized by a sharp spire installed on the very top of the roof. It is at end of 7 cycles that a person can reach the highest bliss – Nirvana.

Saturday, 24 October 2020 03:19

Syakyusn-syume (Kalm. Skin-sm) is a Buddhist temple in the Republic of Kalmykia. Khurul is located six kilometers away from the capital of Kalmykia, near the village of Arshan.
The official name of this religious building is "Geden Sheddup Choikorling", which in Tibetan literally means "the Holy abode of the theory and practice of the Gelug school", and in free translation- "the Holy abode of enlightened monks". This name was bestowed by His Holiness the Dalai Lama XIV in advance, even before the construction of the temple, in 1992.

Saturday, 24 October 2020 03:11

The Kalmyk steppe is unimaginably beautiful in spring when tulips are in bloom. Amazing animals and birds live here, rare plants grow. The wide expanse of the Kalmyk steppe will capture the spirit of anyone who happens to be there

Saturday, 24 October 2020 03:06

The statue of Maitreya Buddha, 13.5 meters high and weighing 30 tons, is "the largest statue of Maitreya Buddha in Europe." It is installed on the territory of the Lagan Dargyeling Khurul complex.

Saturday, 24 October 2020 02:45

The current female Nikolo-Vyazhishchsky monastery is located in the immediate vicinity of Veliky Novgorod. It bears the status of stavropegial, that is, independent of the local diocesan power, subordinate directly to the patriarch or synod. The architectural structures of the monastery are an invaluable cultural monument of Novgorod land. The monastery is famous for the extraordinary variety of tiles that adorn the building of the temple complex.
The Nikolo-Vyazhishchsky monastery was founded in the XIV century by three pious monks Euphrosyne, Ignatius and Galaktion. In a letter dated August 25, 1391, the Vyazhishchsky monastery is mentioned along with Yuryev, Paleostrovsky and Murom. Novgorod chronicles mention the monastery only in 1411.

Saturday, 24 October 2020 02:38

The bridge is located in the Krestetsky district, on the small-scale railway Valdai - Krestsy. Built, approximately, in 1914-1916. The height of the bridge is 18 meters, like a 9-story building.

In the Novgorod region there are almost no stone bridges, and even more so, of this size. The bridge is overgrown on all sides. As, however, the entire Valdai-Kresttsy line.
The Valdai-Krestsy railway was part of the Narva-Luga-Novgorod-Bronnitsa-Valdai project, which was built during the First World War, including for strategic reasons.
At the same time, in the same place, other project - the railroad Petrograd-Novgorod-Bronnitsy-Soblago-Smolensk-Oryol was implemented. All famous bulls on Volkhov were to become the supports of the railway bridge of these two projects.
Both projects were never fully implemented. There is a version that is precisely because of the Novgorod cultural heritage. The project made a lot of noise in the then cultural circles, since the railway was supposed to pass in the immediate vicinity of the Rurikov Settlement and the Church of the Savior-on-Nereditsa and completely change the local landscape.
According to another version, construction ceased due to the fact that in 1918 Soviet Russia concluded a peace treaty with Germany in Brest. Because of this agreement, the need for the construction of many strategic roads has disappeared.


Saturday, 24 October 2020 02:27

The house-museum of F. M. Dostoevsky is located in the city of Staraya Russa, Novgorod Region, on the embankment of the Pererytitsa River. Dostoevsky's museums are in Moscow and St. Petersburg. The house-museum in Staraya Russa differs in that it is the only house that belonged to the Dostoevsky family on property rights.
In 1872, the Dostoevsky family, on the advice of friends, decided to go to Old Russa for the summer. They settled in the house of priest Rumyantsev, and already in 1873 Dostoevsky rented a two-story wooden house on the Pererytitsa embankment. The house belonged to retired lieutenant colonel A.K. Gribba. Soon Gribbe died and in May 1876 Dostoevsky bought a house with a garden from his heirs. The house was the first real estate of the writer. Until that time, the Dostoevsky family lived only in rented apartments.
Here were written "Demons," "Teenager," "Brothers Karamazov," and other works. The foundation date of the museum is considered May 4, 1909. In 1918, the Starorussky City Council declared the house "an inviolable historical and literary monument." The house was transferred to the "full and free use" of the Old Russian Department of Public Education. The Dostoevsky house survived, surviving the revolution and the Civil War. In 1931, a memorial plaque was installed on it.

Saturday, 24 October 2020 02:22

The estate of medieval rushanin is an open-air reconstruction museum. The museum allows you to plunge into the atmosphere of a medieval city, get acquainted with the life and traditional salting of the inhabitants of Old Russa. To date, a saltworks, a fireplace, a livestock yard, a bathhouse, a hut has been built in the estate (the entrance is still closed, finishing work is underway), a parking lot and pavements. Plans for the construction of a forge, barn and stand. The museum was based on archaeological excavations in Staraya Russa, in particular the Pyatnitsky excavation, which is located in close proximity to the museum.


Saturday, 24 October 2020 02:16

The village of Lyubytino is one of the oldest centers of Novgorod land, which has significant potential in the field of tourism: archaeological sites; places associated with the names of the great people of the Russian land (Princess Olga, A.V. Suvorov, Nikander Gorodnoezersky, I.L. Goremykin); numerous historical and architectural monuments (the family estate of Generalissimo A.V. Suvorov; Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary; Cathedral of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary), natural monuments.
Since 2003, the educational and tourist project "Deep Russia" has been implemented on the territory of the Lyubytinsky district, the aim of which is to create a reconstructed settlement of Slavs of the 10th century - "Slavic Village of the 10th Century." The project is based on the results of long-term excavations not only of the Lyubytinsky monuments, but also of materials obtained during archaeological studies of Old Ladoga, Novgorod and other centers of ancient Russia.
Ancient villages, graveyards, canyons, waterfalls, a museum with a stationary open-air exposition "Slavic Village of the 10th Century" is an unforgettable trip to Russia.

Page 1 of 4

Get Latest Updates